Decision making is an art that looks way harder than it really is, and this is coming from a libra woman 🙂 ! Growing up, as I was reading about how Libras were always stuck in analysis paralysis because they had the capacity to see all sides of everything, I thought “Oh my god. Is this going to be my fate ? Can I change my destiny ?”. Well, I DID !!! I started mastering making decisions the minute I started understanding how intensely I disliked or liked things. Without even knowing, I was following my taste and adjusting my choices accordingly, I was rewriting the destiny of a libra woman…! I get it, making decisions, choosing means “renouncing” and “losing something”. Are you okay ?? Were you stressing out about that reality just now ? DON’T!!! I promise you decision making will appeal to you once I am done sharing my tips on the matter, gotta love gaining something more than fearing losing something…
There is the secret to master making decisions! Do not get stuck in analysis paralysis when your feelings can show you the way out of a sticky situation. The DECISION needs to be objective, not the REASON why you are making the decision. Let’s say someone in your life is draining you and it is causing you anxiety and sleepless nights, it is affecting your health. The reason why you are faced with a decision to make is because your mental health is being negatively affected by a person in your life, which is not an objective reason because you can’t justify your feelings to ANYONE. Your feelings are just yours to feel. Period.
Therefore, the decision you are needing to make is objective: I choose to cut this person off and to disengage with the drama they crate and chaos they bring to my life. That’s the final decision, the emotional sadness and pain you had to go through is absolutely not appearing in the decision in others’ eyes. The smartest thing to do would naturally be to validate your own feelings and trust that you know WHY you choose what you choose. There, you just made a decision !
I am telling you all these things because you don’t even see how much of your power you are giving away when staying stuck in analysis paralysis or even when denying the need to make a decision. It is anavoidable and the sooner you feel good about your power, the sooner you can get back to your business and to harmony (libran 2.0 talking perhaps?? ;)).
6 truths that will help you be a great decision maker :
1. Not making a decision will only block the flow of amazing opportunities trying to get to you, brighter and healthier opportunities.
2. You are the only one standing between a great life and a not so great life because choosing equals creating. You choose, a new situation gets created. You have the power to get things moving.
3. Not choosing does not equal not choosing. Not choosing happens to be a choice, so you are just choosing to stay in those negative circumstances over and over again, until you choose otherwise.
4. Choosing equals existing. By not choosing better for yourself, you are just choosing to let someone else dictate your life and control it how they wish. Power can go from your hands to somebody else’s when you deny your responsibility over your happiness. Before you know it, you are living a lie that you “created” for yourself.
5. Silence is a choice. By choosing not to speak your truth, you are not just “listening”, you are passing by the chance to show the world the real you. Listening is good, but hiding who you are is cruel. Your voice deserves to be heard and appreciated. It is golden.
6. Playing it small will only feel good at the moment, it is short term comfort. The consequences of not using your power to choose will be felt in the long run and they will hurt, bad. Is short term comfort of your nervousness worth ruining your amazing karma for the years to come?